Admissions Coordinator - Skilled Nursing Facility, Part Time
- 4020 E New York St, Aurora, IL 60504, USA
- Department: Admissions
- Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
- Status of Employment: Full Time or Part Time
- Shift Type: PM Shift & Weekends
- Name of Location/Facility: Thrive of Fox Valley
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
This is a brand new inpatient medical facility and we are building our new team.
- Title: In our facility, we title this position as "Hospital Transitions Coordinator".
- Start Date: Within the next few weeks
- Schedule: Part time; primarily weekend shifts and some evenins
- Salary: based on experience in a SNF setting
This is a fast paced environment: We will admit 5-10 patients per day; sometimes as many as 120+ in a month.
- You will be one of two admissions representatives functioning primarily in an in-house administrative role, while working closely with our external hospital/clinical nurse liaisons.
- Provide clients (prospective residents, their families and referral sources) with facility and program specific information via community outreach and networking, facility tours, personal visits and presentations.
- Evaluate and assess potential patients for clinical appropriateness
- Coordinate the admissions process and ensure appropriate placement & admission documentation.
What we need from you:
- Prior experience as an admissions coordinator/director in a Skilled Nursing Facility is a must.
- Associates degree or higher is preferred
- Experience with Point Click Care (PCC)
- Working knowledge of federal & state regulations, along with reimbursement & insurance verification experience (Managed Care, Medicare & private insurances)
- Presents a polished, professional image
About our facility:
This is a new 68 bed facility. While licensed as a skilled nursing facility, we only focus on the short term rehab patient. This is NOT a long term care facility. The average length of stay is 4-17 days. Most of our “guests” will be joining us after an orthopedic surgery or after a medically complex stay in a hospital. We are here to bridge the gap from hospital to home, and make it a smoother, safer, transition on the road to recovery.
- Prior experience in an admissions position in a Skilled Nursing Facility or Rehab Center is a must.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.