- 3311 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
- Department: Dietary
- Job Title: Dietary Aide
- Status of Employment: Part Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Southview Manor
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
- During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Southview Manor is a setting comparable to home. We have 200 beds, multiple levels of care and a 5 Star Quality Measure rating.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, just south of downtown Chicago, near the White Sox Stadium at E 33rd Blvd & S Michigan Ave. This is a neighborhood that is becoming re-gentrified and easy to commute to from Chicago or the suburbs. The Metra and the Green Line are just a few blocks away.
- *Join us and love what you do again.
A dietary aide works in the kitchen, assisting the cook and dietitian. We serve long term care residents and, we want you to give them a 5-star restaurant experience. You will interface with patients regularly. Some of your kitchen duties may include food preparation & serving, washing dishes, clean up and sanitizing the kitchen.
What we need from you:
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must possess Food Handlers certification
- Must have prior experience as a dietary aide, cook, or in a central kitchen
- Knowledge of quality food production and servicing techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
other similar titles: Kitchen staff, restaurant server, waitress, wait staff, waiter, cook, dietary, diet aide, dietary aide, dietetic technician, diet clerk, nutrition technician, server, dishwasher, dish washing, dietary services, National Registry of Food Safety Professional, Dietetic Technician, Registered Dietetic Technician
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.