- 3311 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
- Department: Dietary
- Job Title: Cook
- Status of Employment: Part Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Southview Manor
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
- During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Southview Manor is a setting comparable to home. We have 200 beds, multiple levels of care and a 5 Star Quality Measure rating.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, just south of downtown Chicago, near the White Sox Stadium at E 33rd Blvd & S Michigan Ave. This is a neighborhood that is becoming re-gentrified and easy to commute to from Chicago or the suburbs. The Metra and the Green Line are just a few blocks away.
- *Join us and love what you do again.
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation & serving of food.
- Supervise staff when dietary management is not in facility. Communicate well with Dietary Manager
- Prepare & cook foods according to standardized recipes in the correct amount needed. Prepare main entrée, vegetable and required meat textures.
- Be efficient in operating cooking equipment. Report need for equipment repair to dietary management.
- Remain current in food preparation,modified diets, sanitation & meal service.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must possess a Food sanitation certificate
- Prior cooking experience in an Assisted Living or Long Term Care Environment in the Food Service/Dietary areas preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.