- 4314 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60653, USA
- Department: Dietary
- Job Title: Cook
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Community Care Center
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
· During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Community Care Terrace has 204 beds with multiple levels of care, including a large behavioral patient population (ages 21 and up) within the center.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, across the street from the ‘IL Inst. of Technology’; near W 43 ST & State Street, just off 90/94 - very easy to commute to.
*Join us and love what you do again.
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation & serving of food.
- Supervise staff when dietary management is not in facility. Communicate well with Dietary Manager
- Prepare & cook foods according to standardized recipes in the correct amount needed. Prepare main entrée, vegetable and required meat textures.
- Be efficient in operating cooking equipment. Report need for equipment repair to dietary management.
- Remain current in food preparation,modified diets, sanitation & meal service.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must possess a Food sanitation certificate/ Food Sanitation License preferred
- Prior cooking experience in an Assisted Living or Long Term Care Environment in the Food Service/Dietary areas preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.