- 3311 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
- Department: Environmental Services
- Job Title: Maintenance Technician
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Southview Manor
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
· During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Southview Manor is a setting comparable to home. We have 200 beds, multiple levels of care and a 5 Star Quality Measure rating.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, just south of downtown Chicago, near the White Sox Stadium at E 33rd Blvd & S Michigan Ave. This is a neighborhood that is becoming re-gentrified and easy to commute to from Chicago or the suburbs. The Metra and the Green Line are just a few blocks away.
*Join us and love what you do again.
Building Maintenance / Handyman
What you'll do:
- Perform general maintenance and light repairs
- Basic carpentry (painter)
- Keep a record of all maintenance and service activities conducted
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations set by IDPH and the industry
- You should have experience with minor Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC repair and servicing needs.
- Participate in facility inspections as requested
What you'll need:
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent
- Prior maintenance/carpentry experience preferred
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Experience working in a Long Term or Post-Acute Care setting desirable.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.