Wound Care Coordinator (RN - Registered Nurse)
- 4020 E New York St, Aurora, IL 60504, USA
- Department: Nursing
- Job Title: Wound Care Nurse
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Thrive of Fox Valley
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
The facility: Thrive of Fox Valley is new 68 bed post-acute rehab center, focusing on short term stay patients and helping them transition home. This is NOT a long term stay facility; we see 5-10 admissions per day. This is an innovative environment with a medically complex patient load and an average length of stay of 14 days for our “guests”.
It’s a fast paced environment and we’re looking for a passionate RN, with a pioneering spirit and expertise in the subacute/rehab environment.
- · The building: pristine, with all the modern conveniences for our guests. Most of our rooms are private suites with walk-in showers, free Wifi, quiet hallways, and even a brick oven for Pizzas. Its hospitality at its finest.
- · Our service: Every one of us strives to provide the best customer service to our families and guests. We want them to have an extraordinary experience as they recover.
- · The team: our employees are empowered, engaged and smile as they walk down the hall. It’s more than just a job to us; Come join our family.
- Start Date: within the next 30 days
- Salary: based on prior experience
- Shift: Mostly Days, with some weekend coverage
This position: This person will provide primary skin care, with an emphasis on post-surgical wounds and skin disorders, to the residents (“guests”) of our Skilled Nursing Facility. You will work under the guidance of the DON and or the Medical Director of the facility to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times for our “Guests”.
What we need from you:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Wound Care Certified (WCC): Certified Wound Care Specialist (CWS) and/or Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) preferred.
- Prior Experience as wound care nurse in a post-acute rehab unit or skilled nursing facility.
- Strong technology skills (you are “Tech Savvy”); specifically with PCC
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.