Payroll / Accounts Payable Clerk - Healthcare setting *
- 2230 McDonough St, Joliet, IL 60436, USA
- Department: Administration
- Job Title: AP/Payroll Clerk
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Joliet Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Joliet Terrace has 120 Medicaid beds, proudly serving the behavioral/psych population – with a 5 Star Quality Measure rating & 4 Stars overall.
Location: We are next door to a church & school, we are situation in a quiet area that is 1.5 miles from I-80; very easy to commute to.
*Join us and love what you do again.
We are seeking candidates with prior entry level experience as either an HR/Payroll or Accounts Payable Clerk or Coordinator.
You will operate as the first line of assistance to employees within the center; supporting operations, department heads and employees alike.
This is a front-line administrative position. You will coordinate the timely completion of payroll, on-boarding and orientation of new employees, while implementing corporate HR programs. You will also coordinate the accounts payable for the center as well.
- * Payroll: Responsible for monitoring and processing facility payroll, including: Generating and editing daily punch detail reports; Entering any special shift bonus’, sick, vacation, and holiday hours; Processing any changes (New Hires or Separations…), union payroll/dues
- * Accounts Payable
- * Answering general benefit & policy questions
- * Enters and trains new employees into the payroll and time clock system.
- * Maintains I-9 forms and other required documents
- * Maintains employee personnel files, and conduct quarterly audits on each file for Federal and State required materials
- * Posts hourly positions in ATS, schedules interviews and on-boards new employees
- * Completes reference checks, background checks and verifies licenses for our healthcare providers
- * And so many more administrative tasks….
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will perform other related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Education: Associates or Bachelor Degree or Technical Degree in Accounting or HR preferred
- Experience: 2-3 years in payroll processing, including unions
- Experience with Accounts Payable and HR administration
- Prior experience working in a healthcare facility preferred
- Experience with workers compensation and unemployment claims
- Point Click Care (PCC) billing system experience preferred
- Experience using Paycom and SmartRecruiters preferred
- Monday-Friday schedule, but must be able to work a Manager on Duty (MOD) rotating weekend schedule
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.