Admissions Coordinator - Specialized Mental Health Rehab Facility (SMHRF) *
- 100 Belle Aire Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, USA
- Department: Admissions
- Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Kankakee Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) as of 9/1/2019. The goal of the facility is to prepare individuals to return to a more independent setting or return home with their families. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Kankakee Terrace has 146 beds and we provided rehabilitative treatment to individuals seeking to recover from their illness. The Administrator often says, “Our focus is recovery and rehabilitation”.
Location: The center is 2 miles from I-57 and just down the street from Snowbarger Athletic Park. It’s an easy commute.
*Join us and love what you do again.
Admissions Coordinator - This is an entry level position.
- Start Date: ASAP, within 2-3 weeks
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00 - 4:30 (or similar schedule) and Manager on Duty responsibility (approx. 1 weekend day per month)
- Salary: based on experience in a SNF, ICF or SMHRF setting
- Provide clients (prospective residents, their families and referral sources) with facility and program specific information via community outreach and networking, facility video tours, personal visits and presentations.
- Evaluate and assess potential patients for clinical appropriateness
- Pre-authorization paperwork and ability to calculate Medicare days
- Coordinate the admissions process and ensure appropriate placement & admission documentation.
What we need from you:
- This is an entry level opportunity to join our team.
- Prior experience as an admissions coordinator in a Intermediate Care Facility, Specialized Mental Health Rehab Facility or Skilled Nursing Facility is preferred but not required; experience in related field such as social services is preferred
- Associates degree or higher
- Experience with Point Click Care (PCC) is preferred
- Working knowledge of federal & state regulations, along with reimbursement & insurance verification experience (Managed Care, Medicare & private insurances) is preferred
- Presents a polished, professional image
- Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is required
Other common titles that another facility may use for this position may be: admissions coordinator, admissions counselor, PRSC, psychiatric rehabilitation services coordinator, social worker, intake coordinator, admissions liaison, hospital transitions coordinator
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.