Activity / Activities Aide
- 133 Mohawk Dr, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activities Aide
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Afternoons/Evenings
- Name of Location/Facility: Bourbonnais Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) as of 9/1/2019. The goal of the facility is to prepare individuals to return to a more independent setting or return home with their families. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
- During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Bourbonnais Terrace has 197 beds and we provided rehabilitative treatment to individuals seeking to recover from their illness. The Administrator often says, “Our focus is recovery and rehabilitation”.
Location: With many restaurants located around the corner, we are just 2 minutes west from I-57.
*Join us and love what you do again.
- Responsible for the ongoing implementation of an activities program designed to meet the social, psychosocial and therapeutic needs of nursing home residents.
- Assists the Director in the planning, development and implementation of recreational and structured groups.
- Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule.
- Must be available to work every other weekend, evenings and holidays.
High school graduate or equivalent. Prior experience working with the elderly and the physically and/or mentally impaired in an Activity Department, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
- *Join us and love what you do again.