Activities / Activity Director - Memory Care Unit
- 1125 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activity Director
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Fluctuating schedule
- Name of Location/Facility: Wincheter House / Thrive - Lake County
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
Transitional Care management has been managing the Winchester House skilled nursing facility since 2015. In that time we have made some big changes to the patient care we deliver. And the next step is a brand new center.
We are finalizing construction on a new facility in Mundelein. Once completed (early July), we will be moving all of our patients and staff to the new center. At that time the name will become
Thrive of Lake County.
Thrive of Lake County is a 185 bed facility, with a 79 bed Transitional Care Center. This new location will have state of the art equipment, 2 therapy gyms and a dynamic approach to achieve impressive clinical outcomes. Come see for yourself; it’s impressive: larger beds, nicer linens, iPads in every room, mostly private suites and we even have a brick oven for pizzas!
- Want to work in a brand new center?
- Interested in using EMR software in a paperless environment?
- Our employees voted us one of Chicagoland's "Great Place to Work"
Join us now and love what you do again!
- Start date: we are flexible
- Salary: based on prior director level experience & credentials
- Shift: 9-5pm with an every other weekend rotation
This person will utilize a wide range of activity interventions and techniques to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and leisure needs of our guests in our long term care and memory care units.
You will assist guests to develop skills, knowledge, and behaviors for daily living and community involvement. You will work with our guest and their family to incorporate specific interests into the event (activities) program to achieve optimal outcomes that transfer to their real life situation.
You will be planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating the event (activities) programming of this center and supervising a team to ensure the needs of our guests are met.
- • Previous experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) or active subacute rehab setting as an Activity Director.
- • completed the 36 hour Activities Director certification course for IL
- • Extensive involvement with leading a dynamic team, creating an engaging events calendar and managing the individual needs of long term care patients that address their physical, cognitive and social deficits.
- *Join us and love what you do again.