Activities / Activity Director - Memory Care Unit
- 850 US-45, Mundelein, IL 60060, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activity Director
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Fluctuating schedule
- Name of Location/Facility: Thrive of Lake County
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
Construction is completed at our new facility in Mundelein. This is one of three brand new centers in the greater Chicagoland area. Please feel free to take a look at our new website for more info: thriveahead.com
Thrive of Lake County is a 185 bed facility, with a 79 bed Transitional Care Center. This new location will have state of the art equipment, 2 therapy gyms and a dynamic approach to achieve inspiring clinical outcomes. Come see for yourself, it’s impressive: larger beds, nicer linens, iPads in every room, mostly private suites and we even have a brick oven for fresh pizzas!
- Want to work in a brand new center?
- Interested in using EMR software in a paperless environment?
- Our employees voted us one of Chicagoland's "Great Place to Work"
Join us now and love what you do again!
- Start date: within the next 21 days/3 weeks
- Salary: based on prior director level experience & credentials
- Shift: This position will include an every other weekend rotation
This person will utilize a wide range of activity interventions and techniques to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and leisure needs of our guests in our memory care unit.
You will assist guests to develop skills, knowledge, and behaviors for daily living and community involvement. You will work with our guest and their family to incorporate specific interests into the event (activities) program to achieve optimal outcomes that transfer to their real life situation.
You will be planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating the event (activities) programming of this center and supervising a team to ensure the needs of our guests are met.
- • Previous experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) as an Activity Director.
- • completed the 36 hour Activities Director certification course for IL
- • Extensive involvement with leading a dynamic team, creating an engaging events calendar and managing the individual needs of long term care patients that address their physical, cognitive and social deficits.
- *Join us and love what you do again.