Activity Aide / Activities Assistant
- 850 US-45, Mundelein, IL 60060, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activities Coordinator
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days & PMs
- Name of Location/Facility: Thrive of Lake County
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Start Date: within the next 21 days/3 weeks
Salary: starting salary based on prior memory care patient experience
- Shift: Sunday – Thursday
- Schedule: 11a-7p
- Unit: Memory Care Unit
About the facility: It’s so heartwarming to have a family member take your hand and say ‘thank you for all you did for my mother.’
- Join us and love what you do again.
This skilled nursing facility has short and long term care patients, but this particular activities position will be dedicated to the memory care unit. You will focus on cognitive & physical events as well as activities to keep them comfortable and engaged.
- You’ll find it rewarding and feel like you made an impact at the end of the day here.
Different centers have different titles for this position: Activity Assistant, Activities Assistant, Activity Aide, Activities Aide, Activity Coordinator, Activities Coordinator.
This position will be working within our Memory Care Unit. You should experience working with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients within a Skilled Nursing Facility to be considered for this role.
What we need from you:
- * Prior experience in an activities assistant in a skilled nursing facility
- * Experience with the memory care population
- * CNA certification is desirable, but not required
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.