Second in command (first officer)
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Category: Unionized
Air Transat is Canada’s number one leisure airline. It flies to some 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe, offers domestic and connecting flights within Canada, and carries some 5 million passengers every year.
We work with respect, diversity and pride and belong to one of the largest integrated tourism companies in the world. When you choose Air Transat, you benefit from competitive compensation, a full range of benefits and a travel benefits program, but first and foremost, you work with a team of aviation enthusiasts
- The Second in Command will have to perform the specific responsibilities relating to operating the aircraft to which he is assigned;
- Assist in flight planning and other preparations for flight;
- Sign the Flight Release document prior to all assigned flights;
- Carry out the duties assigned by the Captain;
- Carry out other tasks as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Minimum of 1500 hours flying time, including flying experience on turboprop or jet aircraft type (essential);
- Hold an updated certified logbook;
- Hold a valid Canadian airline pilot licence (ATPL);
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian aviation regulations (CARs);
- Hold a medical certificate of category class 1;
- Hold Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident status;
- No restrictions to travel in the United State or other countries served by Air Transat;
- Hold a college level diploma in piloting, an asset.
At Transat, we foster an environment where inclusiveness, respect and equity reign. We endeavour to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers as well as the communities to which we travel. We encourage women, members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples as well as people with disabilities to submit their candidacy. Transat will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, please contact us in order to work together in meeting adequately your needs. To facilitate the reading of this document, the masculine form has been retained.