Backend Engineer - TrueCoach
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
Our Rails JSON API, currently serving 4 different frontend clients, serves as the heart of the TrueCoach platform. We have scaled up rapidly this year, with usage growth of over 50% since February, and while we’ve handled that growth relatively well, interesting scaling challenges lie ahead. As a Backend Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and extending this core API and its associated admin panel as well as several satellite services (Rails + AWS) and our Heroku based infrastructure.
In this position, you'll get the chance to own and build out multiple areas of the platform, and be a driving force behind our evolution as a company. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Boulder, CO or Remote in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, Fl, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, and VT.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with your product team to determine precise requirements and build them
- Write clean, well tested and well abstracted code
- Participate in code review
- Participate in the backend guild and team driven decision making processes
- Participate in sprint planning and retro
- Participate in QA
- Expand your interests and abilities via our 10% investment time
- At least 3 years experience building modern web server applications
- Fluency with a modern, server side web application framework
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience building APIs.
- Strong data and domain modeling skills
- Proven track record of building high quality web applications
- Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
Bonus if you also have:
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with more advanced application deployment, monitoring and alerting
- Proven experience building SaaS products
- Passionate about health and fitness
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- Strong Communication Skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative
Travel Requirements: None
- On the company visit: https://www.transactionservices.global/en-us
- On the TrueCoach product visit: https://truecoach.co/
The salary for this role is $90k-$115k
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.