Site Reliability Engineer - Boutique
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is excited about the challenge of reliably operating and scaling Boutique product platforms, which are already making waves in the fitness industry.
As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will help us develop the delivery pipelines, monitoring services, and infrastructure that serves our teams' best-in-class software and customer-facing products. You will work closely with a smart and dedicated team to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains, including monitoring and alerting, containers, networking, scalability, and many more.
Our technical stack includes: Terraform, PostgreSQL, DataDog, Python, numerous AWS services including RDS, ECS, Lambda, CloudFront, EventBridge, CodePipeline and more.
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Location: Washington, DC, USA (Or remotely in one of the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA.)
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Contributing clean infrastructure code to optimize system reliability, performance, and efficiency
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders and engineering teams to deliver and scale secure, stable, observable applications
- Proactively writing monitors and alerts to ensure actionable data insights are provided to application and infrastructure teams
- Documenting to ensure the utility and maintainability of the platform and shared services
- Participating in operations and on-call duties
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
- 3+ years experience in professional software development
- Thorough knowledge of web application performance monitoring
- History of automating complex workloads
- Proficiency for analyzing time-series data
- Experience administering UNIX-like operating systems
- Experience working on a high-traffic tiered web application
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Experience with event-driven systems
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics
- Ability to communicate clearly and kindly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work as a part of a team, but also pursue individual objectives
- Willing to be a mentor to your colleagues and learn from them as well
- An interest in learning about various technologies, our products, and the boutique fitness industry
Travel Requirements: N/A
For more information on TSG visit https://www.transactionservices.global/en-us
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.