Engineering Manager - TrueCoach
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
Our engineering team is small but mighty, with roughly 10 teammates building and maintaining 3 mobile apps, a browser app and a monolith API, in addition to several satellite services. We value our customers, our craft and each other. As an Engineering Manager on the TrueCoach platform your role would be to help guide this team toward further growth and success.
In this position you’ll be poised to lead, inspire and be a driving force behind our evolution as a company. You’ll get a chance to participate in strategic decision making, build out our team, mentor other engineers and work alongside product and design to help us ensure we build the right thing in the right way at the right time. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO or or remotely in one of the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, DC, Fl, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, and VT.
- Oversee day to day operations of 1-2 engineering teams
- Foster a positive, growth oriented atmosphere for all engineers
- Work with VP of Engineering to create specific goals for each team
- Hold engineers and team(s) accountable to goals
- Communicate, coach toward and hold your team(s) responsible to high standards
- Facilitate team and individual decision making
- Act as hiring manager for engineering positions
- Continuously evolve an agile process to fit team and project needs
- Challenge team to identify bottlenecks & ways of speeding up delivery
- Guide effectiveness of team meetings
- Ensure engineers are focused on the sprint & stories at hand
- Support teams through conflict to healthy resolutions
- Experience managing others OR as a proven, technical leader
- At least 5 years building high quality web or mobile applications with modern tools
- Ability competently to discuss high level solutions in Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Ember, Android or iOS
- Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
- Experience building SaaS products
- Bonus - experience scaling web products
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Empathetic, collaborative and hard working
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Humble and open to constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership
Travel Requirements: There are no specific travel requirements for this position.
Salary Range: $150k-$170k
Benefits: TSG offers market competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Life & AD&D Benefits, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (both Heathcare and Dependent) as well as up to a 4% match on 401k contributions.
For more information on the company, visit: https://www.transactionservices.global/en-us
For information about TrueCoach visit: TrueCoach: https://truecoach.co/
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.