- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
We are looking for a strong UX Researcher to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for planning and conducting research studies alongside the UX Research Lead and a team of talented designers and product managers. UX Research at TSG advocates for all users, big and small. We inform roadmap decisions, instill confidence in design decisions, and build empathy throughout the entire organization.
Reports to: UX Research Lead
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Conduct research studies appropriate to project goals. Including user interviews, usability testing, survey design, ethnographic research, A/B testing, and more.
· Coordinate research studies by recruiting, screening, and scheduling participants efficiently.
· Effectively track research projects and contribute to our growing research repository.
· Perform research that not only validates current ideas, but also allows for the discovery of new ideas, features, or products that help meet current business goals.
· Collaborate with designers, developers, and product managers to validate our assumptions and increase team empathy.
· Work with designers to turn research insights into real ideas. Co-create journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
· Train non-research members in the art of user research. User research is a team sport and we want to support all team members in their quest to understand our users.
· Be an advocate for our users, both studio employees, and customers.
· Use your presentation skills to effectively communicate research findings, their impact, and next steps.
· Continuously learn and keep up to date on the ever-changing world of user research.
· 2+ years of experience in planning, facilitating, and analyzing a range of research methods from discovery to usability testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. HCI, Human Factors, or related focus, preferred.
· Experience working in an Agile environment, preferred.
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
· Familiarity with generative research methods.
· Familiarity with evaluative research methods.
· Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data analysis, or willingness to learn.
· Be a self-starter; we’re a small team and tend towards self-direction under the umbrella of our team goals.
· Strong organizational skills. Be able to manage multiple projects across different teams.
· Amazing communication skills, both internally and externally.
· Experience giving and receiving constructive feedback from varying teams.
For more information on the company visit: https://www.transactionservices.global/en-us
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.