Android Engineer - TrueCoach
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
The Android Engineer position will focus on the TrueCoach Android App for clients. Its mission is to improve the lives of our fitness coaches’ clients. TrueCoach is a tool that enables coaches to save time, grow their business, and deliver a better experience for their clients. The Client App helps clients stay engaged in their work with coaches.
As an Android Engineer, you'll get the chance to own and build out multiple areas of the client experience on a very modern codebase. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Our stack and methodology:
- Development: 100% Kotlin, AndroidStudio, Android Jetpack
- Data: Internally built REST API (Rails)
- Testing: JUnit
We also follow agile based development, continuous integration, and we use Git.
Reports to: VP Engineering
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Creating and releasing product features that are well tested and provide value to our clients
- Planning and implementing new features in collaboration with product and design
- Write clean, tested and well-documented code
- Participate in full-life cycle software development
Location: Boulder, CO or Remote U.S.A.
Travel Requirements: None
- At least 3 years experience building modern android applications.
- Idiomatic Kotlin, including Kotlin Coroutines
- Android Jetpack (Navigation, ViewModel, Lifecycle, LiveData, Material Components)
- Dependency Injection (We use Koin)
- Square networking libraries (OkHttp, Retrofit, Moshi)
Bonus if you also have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Modular code design in Android
- Familiarity with other mobile technologies (iOS, ReactNative)
- Familiarity with Koin DI
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- Strong Communication Skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative
The salary range for this role is $90k-$125k.
For more information on our TrueCoach Product line, visit: https://www.truecoach.co
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.