- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib, TrueCoach and Brandbot, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
We are looking for experienced backend engineers who are excited about the challenge of building and scaling the Brandbot platform here at TSG.
As a member of the team working on the Brandbot platform, you will help us develop the APIs, services, and infrastructure that power our marketing and communication platform as well as customer-facing products. You will work closely with a smart and dedicated team to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains and technology.
Our technical stack includes: NodeJs, Serverless, PHP, AWS and VueJs.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Boston, MA or Remote USA
- Contributing clean, performant code to our core and legacy platforms
- Refactoring and optimizing existing code in line with current and emergent best practices
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders, designers, and your fellow engineers to deliver features that support our business objectives
- Proactively writing tests and documentation to ensure the health and maintainability of shipped code
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
- 2+ years experience building scalable and performant REST APIs
- Experience creating or consuming public-facing APIs and web hooks
- Proficiency with SQL and strong data modeling skills
- Experience working with and deploying to a cloud computing platform (AWS preferred)
- BONUS: Experience building SaaS platforms or customer-facing products
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Travel Requirements: None
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.