- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
As a member of the Studio Applications team, you will help us expand and improve our best-in-class studio management software, which offers everything a fitness brand needs to sell products, manage classes, and track the health of their business. You will help architect features in a standards-compliant and maintainable fashion with an eye to the future. You will be able to mentor as well as learn from a supportive, driven team.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders, designers, and your fellow engineers to deliver features that support our business objectives
- Architecting application-wide solutions and reusable UI patterns
- Planning and implementing new features, writing tests, and addressing technical debt
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
- 3+ years experience in professional software development
- Experience with large, mature single-page applications
- Experience with a living style guide or CSS organizational strategies (we like Storybook)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- BONUS: Experience with at least one backend language/ framework (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node.js)
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate clearly and kindly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work as a part of a team, but also pursue individual objectives
- Willing to be a mentor to your colleagues and learn from them as well
- An interest in learning about various technologies, our products, and the boutique fitness industry
Travel Requirements: N/A
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.