Android Engineer - Mariana Tek
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
Our mobile engineers build native applications for boutique fitness studios.
As a member of the Mobile team for the Mariana Tek platform, you will help us build the applications our clients’ customers use to make and manage fitness reservations. You will help manage and scale the development and delivery of hundreds of mobile applications; these include branded native apps and in-studio kiosks.
The Mariana Tek platform includes:
Customer Applications: the web and mobile applications that fitness studio members use to book classes
Internal Tools: migration tools to help clients join our platform
Platform: the core APIs that powers client applications and the administration application that helps fitness studio owners, coaches, and employees facilitate booking, sales, reporting, and much more
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design and implement new features
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Responsible for fixing bugs and improving application performance
- Optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Required experience with the Kotlin programming language
- 3+ years experience developing Android apps
- Required experience with Dagger2, Retrofit, Coroutines, and Gradle
- Required experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Required experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience collaborating with design and infrastructure teams
- Familiarity with Robolectric, Junit, and Espresso
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with threading and performance tuning
- Familiarity with continuous integration / CircleCI
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
Travel Requirements: minimal post COVID
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.