FP&A Senior Analyst
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you
As the FP&A Senior Analyst for TSG’s Boutique vertical, and a key member of the Group FP&A team, you will be responsible for supporting financial reporting, financial planning and analysis for the Group and Operations portfolio globally.
Reports to: Director, FP&A - Boutique Vertical
Location: Washington D.C. or Remote U.S.A.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Financial Planning and Reporting:
- Support the Finance Director, Director, Financial Planning & Analysis – Boutique in the construction of budgets and re-forecasts for the Group and Operations vertical.
- Support in the development and implementation of improvements in planning processes and ensure alignment Group policies and practices.
- Ensure timely reporting of financial performance and KPIs.
Client/Customer (internal and external):
- Along with the FP&A Director – Boutique, act as a Finance partner to stakeholders on all strategic and operational Finance matters, challenging financial performance vs plan and coaching to identify opportunities and risks.
- Business partner as a team to the COO, CMO & CHRO in commercial decision making as required, and maintain responsibility for the financial planning global payments platform
- Help manage delivery of financial plans and analytics; leading teams to deliver across the Group and Operations vertical.
- Support the Finance Director and FP&A Director in the efficient undertaking of Operational Finance matters.
- Active attendance in all stakeholder calls as required including (but not limited) to calls with partners in Europe, Australia and Canada
- Undertake routine and ad hoc analysis of commercial and operational performance to derive insights, identify opportunity and risk, and drive robust decision making.
- Support the Director of Strategic Programs and FP&A Director in driving implementation of operating initiatives such as system implementation, system optimization, M&A integrations etc.
- Assess return on investment to support recommendations on capital expenditure and software development.
- Own the modeling and forecasting workbooks for the corporate level budgeting, group cash and capital planning.
Travel Requirements: Limited post covid
- 3+ years experience in a FP&A role at a global organization, ideally in financial services, technology or payment processing industry
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- CPA preferred
- Advanced reporting capability and advanced modeling
- Demonstrated experience with core accounting processes and general ledger interaction
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high quality financial analysis and reporting
- Deep knowledge of best practice FP&A operations
- Strong commercial awareness
- Demonstrated ability to build high quality stakeholder relationships
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Proactive and uses initiative
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Demonstrates self-motivation and drive
- Customer Focused
- Displays integrity and professionalism
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously
- High attention to detail
- Effective at prioritizing and managing workload
- Patience to deal with difficult situations
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Team Player work ethic
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Adaptability and flexibility, able to manage fast paced change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates TSG’s values (positive, progressive, supportive, confident, clear)
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.