Partner Integrations Manager - General
- Office: London
Great journeys start with Trainline
We are champions of rail, inspired to build a greener, more sustainable future of travel. Our purpose is our momentum. It makes us feel good because we know we’re doing good. As we lead the way to a greener future, we do it together. We’re all about connections - with each other, with our customers and with the world. Just as our platform brings the world together, it’s our ambition that connects us. We motivate each other to go beyond our limits, to experiment, to fail and to always grow.
With over 110 million visits every month to our platform and £4.3 billion in net ticket sales, we're always innovating and making moves towards our final destination — a world where travel is as simple, seamless, and affordable as it should be.
And we couldn't do any of it without our incredible people driving us forward. Today, we're a FTSE 250 company that's proudly home to more than 1000 Trainliners from over 60 nationalities across offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Edinburgh, Berlin, Madrid and Brussels. It's this diversity that energises us and makes us stronger, helping us to achieve amazing things.
With our sights firmly set on further European growth, there is no better time to jump on board this high-speed train and be part of our continued success.
Purpose of the Role
Integration managers are Trainline are responsible for coordinating directly between our external dependencies (including train operators and legislative entities) and the various disciplines within the business (including Commercial Supply, Product, Engineering and Legal) to ensure the product engineering roadmap represents the highest priority items for business continuity and growth. This will involve extensive use of data to inform the decisions and negotiation with external providers to agree scope, timing or push backs
- Defining core product engineering priorities and scope at a quarterly cadence
- Engaging in technical discussions with external teams and deciding when engineering teams will need to be involved
- Negotiating enhancement of provider capabilities within and on top of existing contractual agreements
- Identifying and sourcing data required for business priority trade offs
- Analysis of key requirements and ensuring the required dependencies are in place when work is due to begin
- Engagement of the delivery team and platform leadership to manage cross cutting dependencies
- Engage with and fully own relationship with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of their immediate team
- Clear documentation of priorities, decisions and trade offs
Knowledge & Experience
- Rail domain expertise in European rail
- Ability to understand the technical limitation and implications of the platform and work with engineering teams to define workable solutions
- Data mining skills including SQL
- Clear communication
- Stakeholder management experience
- Some programming language knowledge
- Understanding of analysis techniques
- Highly skilled facilitator
Why should you jump on board?
We want our people to stretch their minds, abilities, and share their knowledge. Each year we hold The Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
We've always paid special attention to flexible working as we value a strong work/life balance. The pandemic has taught us that a balance between remote working and being in a collaborative office environment leads to productive teams.
- Think Big - We're building the future of rail.
- Own It - We care about every customer, partner and journey
- Do Good - We make a positive impact
- Travel Together - We're one team
Interested in finding out more about what it's like to work at Trainline? Why not check out what our employees say about us on Glassdoor? You can also find out more information by following us on LinkedIn or our 'Life at Trainline' Instagram account.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.