Treasury Manager - 6 Month FTC
- Office: London
We are champions of rail, inspired to build a greener, more sustainable future of travel. Our purpose is our momentum. It makes us feel good because we know we’re doing good. As we lead the way to a greener future, we do it together. We’re all about connections - with each other, with our customers and with the world. Just as our platform brings the world together, it’s our ambition that connects us. We motivate each other to go beyond our limits, to experiment, to fail and to always grow.
With over 110 million visits every month to our platform and £4.3 billion in net ticket sales, we're always innovating and making moves towards our final destination — a world where travel is as simple, seamless, and affordable as it should be.
And we couldn't do any of it without our incredible people driving us forward. Today, we're a FTSE 250 company that's proudly home to more than 1000 Trainliners from over 60 nationalities across offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Edinburgh, Berlin, Madrid and Brussels. It's this diversity that energises us and makes us stronger, helping us to achieve amazing things.
With our sights firmly set on further European growth, there is no better time to jump on board this high-speed train and be part of our continued success.
We are looking to hire our first dedicated treasury role reporting directly to the Senior Group Reporting Manager in our London Head Office.
This is a great opportunity to build on some existing processes but also design and shape a fit for size Treasury function. Mastering the basics of cash management is a must and we are looking for someone with treasury experience in a fast paced, ideally listed environment. However, the successful candidate will also bring ideas, innovation and fresh perspective rather than just accepting the status quo. The role will have line management responsibility for a graduate accountant.
This is a Global role so will support all aspects of cash management across the Group.
- Responsible for cash strategy and management
- Regular monitoring of the Group cash balance, determining any debt drawdowns/repayments as required. Communication of this to relevant stakeholders.
- Management of cash and covenant forecasting including recommendations for debt drawdown/repayments
- Management of foreign exchange risk, executing trades where required
- Month end analysis and presentation of cash balances to senior management
- Key contact point for cash in both external and internal audits
- Key relationship contact with external banks
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and reconciliation of banking data
- Implement process improvement changes where require
- Managing the Group’s revolving Credit Facility including utilisation requests and covenant monitoring and reporting
- Managing the RCF extension and refinancing once within applicable timescales
- Management of process for bank guarantees for existing, and for any new guarantees or amendments, liaising with both the banks and internal stakeholders
- The successful candidate will ideally have trained with a reputable firm acquiring and will hold an ACA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualification.
- This role will suit someone who has worked in a treasury function before and is looking to step up into a manager role
- Microsoft Excel proficiency should be very good/excellent with good analytical skills – minimum pivots, vlookup, sumif(s) etc (macros level not required)
- Experience with Anaplan forecasting is an advantage
- You will need strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- A proactive person with hands on mentality and the ability to act and operate independently and collaborate with colleagues to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to manage and liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders including managing banking relationships
Why should you jump on board?
We pay special attention to learning and development and organise quarterly company learning days as well as offering a learning budget that can be put towards resources of your choice. We will cover the costs of your professional subscriptions and give you access to our very own learning platform.
At Trainline, we care about the wellness of our employees. We host puppy therapy sessions, in-office yoga and run Mental Health First Aider training courses as well as having an Employee Assistance Program as one of our many company benefits.
We regularly throw fun social events such pub quizzes, karaoke nights and our large-scale Summer and Winter Festivals every year. Additionally, we love hosting meetups in our amazing event spaces and having the opportunity to support internal and external community groups.
We also hold companywide hackathons and our annual Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
Our flexi-first approach
We believe in the importance of a healthy work-life balance and the value of a flexible workforce. Our flexi-first approach outlines our commitment to a hybrid way of working and our expectations of Trainliners. A key part of what makes Trainline special is our people and the value we get from the buzz and energy of our workplaces, and that’s why we’re proud to offer the best of both worlds. In practice this means in–office attendance at least 40% of the time over a 12-week period for all Trainliners. These in-office days are typically team led to help us connect, collaborate and create together.
Think Big - We're building the future of rail
Own It - We care about every customer, partner and journey
Do Good - We make a positive impact
Travel Together - We're one team
Interested in finding out more about what it's like to work at Trainline? Why not check out what our employees say about us on Glassdoor? You can also find out more information by following us on LinkedIn or our 'Life at Trainline' Instagram account.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.