- Office: London
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
This position is for a forward-thinking, analytically minded PPC leader with a successful track record of driving an international PPC team in a B2C business.
As a PPC Manager, you will:
- Own growth Key Performance Indicators across performance marketing channels: New Customers, CAC/CPA/ROAS, with a focus on new customers and CLTV.
- Audit PPC accounts to identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure optimal allocation of resources and PPC budget to ensure outcomes that deliver against business goals.
- Optimise key user journeys & touchpoints for both new customer acquisition and retention.
- Manage and develop a team of high performing digital marketers, ensuring operational/executional excellence and strong collaboration across channels.
- Own and develop key partnerships with third parties (SA360, Google & Microsoft).
- Proven track record in delivering successful campaign strategies and execution across the full range of Google Ads products: Search, Performance Max, Discovery, and UAC.
- Expertise in developments across paid search and biddable platforms e.g., Google Ads, Microsoft Ads; experience in running Baidu campaigns is a nice-to-have.
- Full responsibility on performance management, budget pacing, forecasting and optimisation across bidding, ad copy and landing pages.
- Experience in working with external teams (Local Markets, Data Science and Engineering), scope and lead projects to increase operational efficiency and identify further automation opportunities.
- Robust test and learn mindset; scope and set up tests, analyse and present results, propose iterations or rollout schedules.