Cyber Security Operations Lead
- Office: London
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270+ rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline
Over half of our staff are technologists who are making an impact on how people travel through the use of high-quality software.
At Trainline we have a modern and scalable tech platform that is built for volume and feature growth. Our mission is to find the perfect journey for our customer, and to do it in a fast, intuitive, reliable, and economic way. In a highly dynamic industry and with the ever-changing needs of our users, we must be ready to act, test, and measure quickly, in a way that only extensive and focused use of technology can enable us to. We have the power to revolutionise our customers’ travel experience through technology innovation.
Introducing the SecOps Team 👋
Our team is focused on monitoring and assurance of the security controls that are deployed to maintain a strong security posture in a fast-paced environment. We want to continuously keep improving and maturing Trainlines internal security operations capabilities. We work closely with various others teams such as SRE and Platform, to collaborate on projects and improve our overall security using the latest technologies. We are responsible for the security of all channels which collectively bring in billions of pounds in ticket sales every year.
As a Cyber Security Operations Lead at Trainline, you will...🚄
- Collaborate with IT operations teams, advising on security best practices and ensure security requirements are followed
- Help to ensure the ongoing security of multichannel operations covering ecommerce, mobile, and customer relations
- Lead and deliver activities within the continuous programme of security
- Provide effective oversight to ensure endpoints have an optimal security configuration and manage deviations
- Improve signal detection and alerting capabilities within Trainline’s corporate and production systems
- Work to embed security in the operational lifecycle
- Take part and lead in incident investigation
We'd love to hear from you if you have.. 📣
- A technical mind-set with an aptitude for analysis and investigation
- Strong experience with Splunk (SIEM)
- Strong experience in Monitoring & Logging technologies (particularly for the Cloud)
- A sound understanding of defensive security techniques (with the ability to think like an offensive cyber adversary), strategy, technologies and be sufficiently agile to cope with a changing digital threat landscape
- Knowledge of current information security standards and regulations such as PCI-DSS, ISO27000 series, and GDPR
- Have experience working with MSSP and migrating service between 3rd parties and internal teams.
- Have experience mentoring or managing junior team members
But why should you join?
You will be working in a high performing and collaborative multi-cultural team. We have over 42 nationalities across our 5 offices in London, Paris, Edinburgh, Barcelona and Milan who work closely together.
We want our people to stretch their minds, abilities, and share their knowledge. Each year we hold The Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
We've always paid special attention to flexible working as we value a strong work/life balance. The pandemic has taught us that a balance between remote working and being in a collaborative office environment leads to productive teams.
Coaches Over Heroes
We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility. It is within a supportive team that you will feel the strength to thrive and try new things knowing that everyone will be there for you along the way.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.