- Office: Paris
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270+ rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline
Over half of our staff are technologists who are making an impact on how people travel through the use of high-quality software.
At Trainline we have a modern and scalable tech platform that is built for volume and feature growth. Our mission is to find the perfect journey for our customer, and to do it in a fast, intuitive, reliable, and economic way. In a highly dynamic industry and with the ever-changing needs of our users, we must be ready to act, test, and measure quickly, in a way that only extensive and focused use of technology can enable us to. We have the power to revolutionise our customers’ travel experience through technology innovation.
Did you know that Trainline has:
· 20+ engineering teams
· 400+ software engineers
· 40+ daily Production deployments
· 600 services
· 96m+ monthly visits
Introducing the Mobile team 👋
Our Mobile team are the people who build the travel companion in your pocket. They own the mobile app that allows you to travel smart and the buy-flow process that helps you get there.
The team is organised into squads with mixed Android and iOS developers, each with a team lead, all reporting into the Mobile Development Manager. Squads are paired up to company level themes which set the tone for the kind of product roadmap the squad will primarily be working on delivering.
Key technologies include: Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Swift, with a huge focus on quality and clean code.
As an Android Developer at Trainline, you will
· Join a highly skilled development team, building and delivering maintainable and robust software
· Be actively involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle
· Work in a way we consider to be agile, we are big on promoting predictability in the teams and focusing on the outcomes rather than delivering a shopping list of features to deadlines.
· Regularly use pair programming – two brains are better than one.
· Be influencing the project and how we work
· nothing is set in stone, and we seek to continuously improve our project including but not limited to the architecture and the processes.
· Be encouraged to blog about technical innovation on Trainline’s engineering blog; expect support from management to achieve this as we strongly believe in showcasing what we learn back into the wider app community.
We'd love to hear from you if you have..
· Working experience with Kotlin
· Enthusiasm for a great user experience
· A passion for continuous delivery
· Ability to write testable code; or perhaps you’re trapped in a role which doesn’t allow you to produce work to your standards, we’d love to hear more
· Experience working with Git - Good grasp of design patterns, SOLID & Clean code principles