Intern Public Affairs - Competition law
- Office: Paris
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
The International Government Relations (GR) team has been central to supporting the business through continued growth and pre-empting our expansion plans.Headed up by Dr Alexander Ernert, our GR Director - Europe (a proven expert in the regulatory field within international transportation), the team serves as an internal and external ambassador of Trainline to the various governments in key markets as well as the EU Parliament.In this internship, you’ll be working closely with a variety of functions including Communications, Legal and Commercial forging the foundations for Trainline’s future commercial development in Europe.As part of our growth, we are currently looking for an intern from March 2023.
You will work alongside the Government Relations Director, Europe and will be responsible for the following missions (the list is not exhaustive):
• Regulatory monitoring in France / European Union.
• Production of summaries of political and legislative reports.
• Participation in the organization of public affairs events.
• Follow-up of files
• General support to team members
• You have great written skills in English and French
• You are interested in a 6-month internship alongside your studies (Law, or Public Affairs...)
• You have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
• The desire to develop a greater understanding of the railway business and tech industries
• Committed to your personal growth and career development
• You have strong communication and organisation skills
• Experience with admin tasks - (such as: meeting scheduling, agenda setting and calendar planning)