Senior Java Software Engineer
- 1800 Deming Way, Madison, WI, us
TrafficCast International(TCI) is a real time traffic and mapping company providing innovative social and information based mobile apps as well as SAAS solutions to fortune 500 clients. With offices in Wilmington DE, Madison WI, and Shanghai China, TCI is a group of extremely talented software engineers, architects and knowledge experts that work in a fun and collaborative culture where organic learning and innovation are highly valued.
TrafficCast International, Inc., (http://www.trafficcast.com) a leading company in digital traffic information and service provision in Madison, WI, is seeking mid level Java developer(s) to enhance traffic modeling system that will support mobile applications. Applicant must have 2-4+ years of programming experiences in Java. Familiar with location based services (LBS) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Location-based_service) and MySQL database is required. Knowledge and hands on experience with Spring framework will be a plus.
Java software developer(s) will work with a small group of software developers in Madison WI, Wilmington DE, Blue Bell PA, and Shanghai office to collaboratively work as part of a project team responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing real-time and predictive traffic modeling engine to support both online and mobile applications. This position requires strong knowledge of methodology, tools, standards and procedures, as well as oral and written communication skills. The ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete work assignment is also important. In addition to producing high quality code, the Java developer is expected to contribute in the following areas: application design, traffic model implementation, troubleshooting and problem solving.
The Senior Java Software Engineer will have primary responsibility for developing the architecture, code base, integration, and implementation of server side software in a multi-platform, real-time environment that supports the various mobile applications. In this role, this person will work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where they will be encouraged to expand their skills, test their creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun.
Skills / Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in lightweight Java service development as well as
- Design and develop internal and external services using RESTEasy
- Design, code, test, document and debug software applications
- Mentor other developers in an agile development environment
- Evaluate and provide technical solutions to complex application development problems
- Responsible for developing platform architecture as well as for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate and constantly improve,
- Role model technology-leadership by encouraging adoption of tools and solutions that solve for business challenges in an evermore efficient manner,
- Diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively,
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help streamline execution, and identify new opportunities.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters’ degree a plus
CANDIDATE MUST BE LOCAL TO MADISON WI AREA!
- 4 years professional work experience using Java 7+ to develop OLTP and batch applications
- Familiarity with IntelliJ or similar IDE
- Good understanding of the SDLC
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of AWS, Docker, Spring Framework, Agile development processes, and MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with Jira, GitHub, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in a DevOps or DevOps support role
· PHP experience desired
· Experience with cloud-based software architectures, AWS preferred
- Depth of experience with complex, real-time delivery of content in both mobile applications and server based systems.
- Experience with mapping / routing engines and location based services.
- Experience working very closely with software engineering and product development teams to deliver infrastructure solutions in a collaborative, innovative manner.
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills as well as strong communication skills
- Experience with version control systems
- Self-motivated professional who demonstrates strong technical agility and responsiveness.
Looking for local candidates at this time.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Stock Options + bonus