Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Infosec
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
We are searching for a SOC Engineer who will be responsible for monitoring, reporting, responding to and escalating security events. This role will work closely with working with a Senior SOC engineer to also learn and grow by assisting with the build out of and improvements to the monitoring and alerting systems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review, analyze and validate incidents triggered from events in our SIEM solution
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve detection and alerting capabilities including tuning to minimize false positive and negatives
- Adding new systems to the SIEM and building/configuring alerting
- Escalate validated and confirmed incidents to the broader security org
- Track and update incidents and requests based on updates and analysis results
- Work across the company to improve processes and controls that may affect our detective and response capabilities
- As time permits - working with our security engineering org to drive platform-wide improvements.
Let’s Connect If You…
- Have hands-on experience in configuration and management of Linux systems, AWS environments and Splunk.
- Can work with development and infrastructure teams to drive greater visibility and lower false alert rates
- Understand the structure and the meaning of logs from different log sources such as Cloudtrail, syslog, Windows Event Logs, endpoint protection, Okta, etc.
- Have experience in Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools, creation of basic correlation rules, and administration of SIEM
- Have expertise with TCP/IP network traffic and event log analysis
We value diversity at our company. Tradeshift prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.