Sr. Software Engineer - Tradeshift Cash
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
With Cash, our mission is to offer predictable cash flow to every seller on the Tradeshift network. The Cash team builds the end user experience for managing working capital, integrations with financing partners, payments infrastructure, and internal operations and support apps. Our services are used by companies ranging from fortune 500 enterprises to micro businesses.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop new features for the Cash product by working with a team of software developers to design and write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed Java and JS code
- Help to improve our existing CI/CD pipeline to enable more automation
- Build microservices on our platform
- Work with in a team using agile development and iterations to discover new ways to position our product for success in the market
- Work on technical debt or enhancements so that velocity can be improved
- Troubleshoot existing software related customer issues, as needed
- Help to improve the user experience and usability of our product in everything you do
- Willingness to travel once a quarter to San Francisco to be with the team if you are working remotely
Let's Connect If You...
You are a fullstack engineer with stellar software development skills, able to help in both frontend JS and backend Java work. You have a can-do, solution focused attitude, and would love to solve problems in the fintech industry. You have demonstrated an ability to deliver and embrace change. You want to join a team who loves disrupting established ways of working when they think there is a better way to do things. You want to come to work everyday with the goal to change our industry for the better.
- 3+ years of experience with Java, JS and/or JVM based languages
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are an advocate for test automation over QA teams
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container technologies, like Docker and Kubernetes
- You have high integrity, ensuring that commitments are met
- You have worked with REST based APIs, databases and microservices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.