Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation & Operations
- Bucharest, Romania
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Operations
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
As a Senior Manager of Sales Compensation & Operations, you will be responsible for playing an important role to sales management teams by partnering with sales leadership, and key cross-functional stakeholders across the business to better execute on structure, evaluate business problems, design and then implement actionable recommendations, while tracking success metrics. You will also be called on to assess our sales effectiveness, sales productivity, KPI framework, and sales compensation programs to exceed our goals. This person will have a depth of experience in high growth SaaS markets. This is a strategic thinking role, balanced with being comfortable with hands-on finessing of data by working through specific data driver deliverables, while at the same time analyzing and providing insights on opportunity/risk levels. In short, we are looking for a highly experienced specialized generalist in sales strategy and operations.
What you will be doing:
● Lead the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process for specific business
groups including working with executive leaders to understand strategic business
objectives, assessing the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs,
securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating new incentives to leaders and
● Conduct sales incentive and quota attainment analytics and make recommendations to
support sales talent strategy.
● Work with Finance to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan
● Establish strong relationships with the sales organization to understand their needs and
● Keep Incentive Programs (e.g. “SPIFFs”) updated to incentivize sales support on shorter-
term company priorities
● Build scalable processes and improvements, and team metrics
● Keep the company in compliance with existing and proposed statutory requirements
● Set and monitor performance KPIs to measure sales and business performance by
geography and product
● Direct the development, integration, and optimization of operational policies, processes,
and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness including identification
of software needs.
● Oversee the day-to-day aspects of quoting and pricing approvals including driving and
supporting the sales team in multi-element and complex deal structuring.
● Partner with Sales to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce
including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields.
● Provide proactive support and guidance to the sales team in order to help drive new deals
as well as up-sell opportunities.
● Read, interpret, and escalate contractual language to ensure transactions comply with
revenue recognition and business operational policies.
● Responsible for the detailed analysis to determine completeness and accuracy of SOWs,
Master Agreement & other PS documents
● Play a key role in Annual Budget Planning, including but not limited to headcount,
corporate bookings targets, capacity analysis, quota setting, and quota deployment.
● Proactively identify bottlenecks in the sales process and execute business process
improvement initiatives to make the sales machine run faster
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or Finance, or a related field.
● Experience hiring and managing high-performing teams
● 7-10+ years of software and/or SaaS industry experience in Sales Strategy & Operations, Compensation and Quota Deployment process
● Data oriented, analysis and modeling, summarizing, reporting (dashboards, SQL, R,
repositories, Tableau, Salesforce)
● Ability and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and
● Outcomes-oriented approach to sales and sales operations
● Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement.
● Ability to communicate with executive leadership figures within the organization, yet
possesses the ability to connect with field sales reps and managers
● Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
● Strong organization skills, project management capabilities, knowledge of end-to-end Q2C
cycle, solid understanding of Salesforce.com
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.