Senior FullStack Developer - Technical Enablement
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Customer Support
We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a Senior FullStack Software Developer to join our kick-ass development team. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for *people*.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through product support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
The Technical Enablement team is part of Tradeshift’s Global Customer Value organization, which makes it very unique in terms of the different engineering challenges we face. We build a lot of tools for internal use by customer facing teams, but we also maintain various other directly customer facing applications. We use a lot of different technologies and integrate with a lot of external services to offer our customers the best possible experiences with our product, within our team we are highly data driven, and try to always come up with innovating solutions to problems of all sizes.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with designers and other developers in a tightly knit, cross functional, agile team
- Work within our customer facing department, setting a new standard for support and customer service with the solutions we engineer
- Design and implement services that are highly-available and reliable, and build features to enable new Tradeshift products
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorm technical architecture options on a whiteboard with your team
- Be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation
- 5+ year of professional experience
- Excellent communicator and team player, ability and desire to coach junior engineers
- Strong knowledge about PHP and with the Laravel frameworks
- Experience with various development/CI tools like Git, Jenkins is required
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery and similar web technologies.
- Skilled with web programming, consuming and building RESTful API’s etc.
- Good SQL database skills (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL server or similar)
- Knowledge about linux, docker, vagrant and other system technologies are a plus.
- Curiosity towards new technology, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Tradeshift Engineering culture:
First and foremost, we care. We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
We make decisions every day where two good things are at odds. Our daily activities & choices are a reflection of the preferences we hold strongest. These statements, created in the same form as the agile manifesto, show where our preferences lie.
- Being on an adventure over being safe and cuddled
- Helping my team deliver over making individual contributions
- Being part of a global team over supporting my immediate neighbors
- Delivering on promises over working predictable hours
- Building products users love over products users request
- Accountability for my work over focusing on current tasks
- Working on the full product over focusing on technical perfection
- Getting feedback and learning over unwavering execution
- An ambitious international startup and Agile environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, training sessions etc.)
- Trips to international design camps, sharing knowledge with professionals from other parts of the world
- Flexible working hours
- Cool company laptop
- Medical Subscription, Meal tickets for each working day, Bookster access
When we used to go to the office, we also had:
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Relaxing spots
- Cool team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hackathons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more
- Friendly and chill working atmosphere overall ♣