- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are looking for an outstanding BackEnd Engineer, with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
Do you like procurement? Don't answer yet! We've been working with bleeding edge technologies like React, event stream architecture, microservices, Docker and Kubernetes, AWS and fairly new MacBook Pros, we are nice folks, that have lots of fun and great jokes, and a full fridge of beer & soda, a ping-pong room, and a gaming room, for when we are going into the office.
So, do you like procurement and want to build and be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent and personal drive. If you have at least 4 years of experience and you are a great developer with a focus on craftsmanship, we would love to hear more from you! Don't be shy and send us your résumé.
What a day is like:
- You will be implementing, growing and maintaining apps and services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience
- You will be a member of a skilled, cross-functional and self-driven team, that includes FrontEnd Engineers, BackEnd Engineers, QA, Designer and Product Manager. You will collaborate mainly with colleagues from our Buy division, from the Bucharest and Copenhagen offices
- You will be carrying out your tasks within an agile framework, actively brainstorming and collaborating with your team to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have good Java skills, experience with application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Have basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Have a deep understanding of the full web stack
- Have experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Have experience with BackEnd testing frameworks
- Have experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Have experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Have experience implementing microservices and working with distributed systems, resilient architectures, distributed transaction patterns, containers etc.
You will also have:
Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
A keen interest in the latest technologies
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Basic understanding of XML/JSON and UBL technologies
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!