Senior Frontend Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift Culture. Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each colleague to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Team. You will be part of the Platform organisation in the Global Product & Engineering. The Platform organisation has its main focus on building core systems and products that are used by all users on the tradeshift platform, and APIs and libraries used by our own engineering departments building products like Pay and Buy, as well as our customers and partners for custom integrations.
Working in Platform is all about scale, working with systems with millions of transactions every day, and finding solutions to complex problems - it's fun and challenging.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer who is never afraid of solving challenging problems and interested in identifying improvement opportunities and driving them.
Role. We expect that you know your way when designing, and implementing UI solutions, and be able to interact with the backend services through REST APIs in order to achieve that.
We will provide you with ample opportunity to provide a ton of value, solve real problems and bring your own solutions to the table.
What a day is like:
- Build business-critical features used for the Tradeshift Platform in collaboration with our Tradeshift product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Requirements gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Helping with investigations and root cause analysis, often in real time, troubleshooting existing software related platform issues that are impacting our customers
- Provide support to customer facing teams and mentoring to team members
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Have fun while solving challenging problems for our platform
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of relevant professional experience working with frontend technologies and SPA frameworks (React and/or Angular)
- Have proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Have worked with Node.js/Express.js
- Have knowledge about ES6 and Webpack
- Have experience with JS testing frameworks (like Jest, Jasmine, Cypress)
- Can write high quality code and tests
- Are a good communicator and team player
- Are not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Are a strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Have a deep understanding of RESTful APIs and HTTP protocol
- Have a deep understanding of the full web stack and technologies
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems and building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in English for conversations, reading and writing
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Here, at Tradeshift:
- We are building the world’s largest network and platform. It’s difficult. It’s challenging. But we do it because we would rather tackle overwhelming challenges than playing it safe
- We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses
- We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
You might like working here if:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
Our office in Bucharest had, before Corona times (now we are all working from home), a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each colleague has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
- Working fully in cloud, you only need your company provided laptop
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, training programs, coaching etc.)
- Flexible work hours
- Medical Subscription
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hackathons, Game & Field Days