Director of Global Sales Development
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Director of Sales Development’s prime responsibility is to drive Tradeshift's sales pipeline and to ensure sufficient new business leads from top global Enterprise companies. This is a global role that oversees a large group of globally distributed Sales Development Representatives. The Director will work with Tradeshift's marketing and sales departments in acquiring new leads and nurturing existing opportunities in the sales funnel process. He/she will also need strong communication, people and system building skills to lead top notch performance amongst the SDR team as well as team with client facing senior management to ensure that our funnel mechanics, processes and tools are world class.
What a day is like:
- Lead and nurture a global SDR team.
- Drive quota achievement of full global team by focusing on qualified leads and sales qualified opportunities with decision makers in top global Enterprise accounts.
- Build a sales development framework that follows Tradeshift's strategic direction and convert into pipeline.
- Build and drive deep data analysis on top global Companies identified as strategic utilizing top information tools and a robust qualification and follow through processes.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions with prospects and customers.
- Work closely with RVPs to reach regional goals.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and successfully build knowledge and insight into enterprise customer’s, strategic directions and needs.
- Ensure SDRs develop and maintain effective territory plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type.
- Drive team’s participation in marketing events and leverage them for building lead pipeline.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources.
You’re perfect for this role if you're:
Strategic, results driven, structured and data oriented
You also have:
- 10+ years’ experience in sales development or inside sales or sales in the Enterprise Software space, preferably in SaaS
- 5+ years of SDR people management experience
- Vast experience with salesforce.com
- Understanding and experience in SaaS
- Able to work in a complex, changing environment and interact with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with SDR enablement/training/mentoring of new hires
- Great communication skills (positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, working with other SDRs and field reps, sales management, external lead-gen agencies, marketing)
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.