Junior DevOps Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We work based on an agile value set and try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane and productive. On the engineering side of things we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build and release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code and that repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a DevOps Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
What a day is like:
You will have the chance to lend your hand to the stability of a mature e-procurement platform used by several leading companies. You will also take part in an exciting project: migrate this solution from an on-premise one towards AWS. This is the perfect job for you if you are working in Operations and want to switch over towards DevOps or you just want to kickstart your career.
- Deploying new components and services to production
- Identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building and implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Write code that allows migrating the platform towards AWS
- Working closely with the rest of engineering to increase reliability and availability
- Improving and enhancing our orchestration tools
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have the willingness to expand your skill set in the wonderful world of Application Support, Cloud Computing and Automation. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
You also have:
- Good experience working with Linux
- At least able to read and understand bash scripts
- Not afraid of “Infrastructure as a code” and willing to automate boring tasks
- Familiarity with config management systems like Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with on-demand cloud computing, AWS preferred
- Basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Been exposed to application troubleshooting and know how to read and interpret application logs
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!