Principal Product Strategy Manager - Marketplace
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are looking for a talented Principal Product Strategy Manager to join the Tradeshift Product team and to cover our Product Strategy for the Marketplace product area.
At Tradeshift, our mission is to connect every company in the world, creating economic opportunity for all. Our platform for business interactions allows our customers to simply manage complex P2P transactions around the planet. From invoicing to collaborative workflow to financial solutions, we are leveling the field for large & small players, making the most complex business transactions engaging for real people!
You will be responsible for the strategic direction and definition of Tradeshift's product strategy for Tradeshift Market, the newly Marketplace product. You will be working closely with different teams such as Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing, Customer Value Management, Sales, Legal, On-boarding and Professional Services.
You will communicate the Tradeshift Marketplace Product Strategy and Roadmap internally and externally, including briefings to Customers, Prospects, Partners and industry analysts. This position represents a key role within the Tradeshift Product organization.
The candidate should have a solid understanding of the challenges facing organizations when they roll-out Marketplace applications and services from an end-user and Marketplace operators perspectives.
- Organize and communicate the strategic directions of Tradeshift Marketplace
- Evangelize our products, integrations and technology via interactions with customers, Product Management, Engineering, Solution Engineers, Customer Value Managers, Services and Sales including in-person events, blogs, The Way app articles, discussion channels, webinars and the Strategic Customer Council
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates us within the market.
- Plan the launch of new services and new releases and manage the implementation of the Go To Market plan across various teams
- Research and prioritize the requirements through discussion and formal elicitation methods, including customer ideas, customer meetings, and customer advisory boards.
- Partner with the product management team to shape the product prioritization and roadmap, including taking suggestions and ideas from prospects & customers
- Provide live support to strategic events and marketing activities in the areas of product demonstrations and speaking engagements
- Identify, evaluate, and plan integration efforts with third party software solutions as needed
- Develop and work with Product Marketing to identify and craft appropriate product positioning and marketing materials.
- Provide use cases and Marketplace Requirement input into Product Management
- Review win/loss and competitive analysis
- Support Sales & Customer Value teams including formal presentations to prospects and customers and for the overall solution fit assessment in specific opportunities.
- Participate in analyst research/listings projects, briefings and interactions
- Participate in the creation of customer product webinars and educational videos
- 6+ years experience in Marketplace applications and operations
- Or 6+ years of Consulting/Professional experience in Marketplace applications roll-outs
- Product experience in leading Marketplace organizations such as Amazon, Walmart, or Shopify is a plus
- Good Knowledge of enterprise procurement and payments
- Methodical and organized; able to manage multiple opportunities, projects and priorities concurrently
- Strong understanding of the market and personas especially in digital commerce and Marketplace
- Excellence in presentation, demonstration, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experienced speaker at industry-level events
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- MBA, Master Degree in Business, BS in Engineering or Finance or equivalent
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.