Supplier Implementation Project Manager (Japanese Speaking)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Team Our team sits within Tradeshift’s Services Success Organization. We’re the team that’s on the ground, making sure all of our seller users are brought onto the platform in a professional and timely manner. We are looking for people that are proactive, know how to build relationships, gain commitment to manage projects, drive deadlines, deliver technical implementations, and are ready to do what is needed to ensure our users are rapidly enabled.
We believe in empowerment and ownership by every member of our team. Each individual is autonomous but expected to follow a process and work in the interest of our users and the platform. The scope of this role starts at the initial engagement presenting our solution and ends when the supplier is live on the platform. You will be a conduit that will coordinate across departments and do what is needed on a daily basis to keep our users engaged and on the path to a live integration.
The Seller Implementation Project Manager team from Kuala Lumpur is working with some of the biggest companies in the world and their suppliers to deliver integration projects within EMEA, collaborating hand in hand with the teams located in USA, North Asia and Europe
- You will take 100% ownership for all integration within your assigned portfolio of suppliers
- Collaborating with our Technical Engineers and Customer Success Managers, you will be responsible for the fulfillment of each project in hand and within the timelines set for each campaign
- You’ll need to balance your work schedule by coordinating multiple integrations on the behalf of several customers at once
- Achieve all quotas and deadlines for completing each integration case
- Drive the success of our users and keep them on track by familiarizing them with the Tradeshift platform, provide them with the best solutions and services to drive their success on Tradeshift
- Work across our global teams to test, debug, and coordinate mission critical changes that are needed to ensure your suppliers are successfully integrated
- Plan and work with our supplier users to formulate the most appropriate and timely solution for their integration project
- Provide technical assistance to integrating suppliers and continuously find ways to improve and streamline the our services provided and the user experience
- Business level in written and verbal English & Japanese
- 3+ years of experience in either Project Management/ Account Management/ Sales within tech industry
- Client facing exposure within a customer service environment
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology or Computer Science
- Strong prioritization and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated to over achieve against targets
- Excellent communication, presentation and highly refined interpersonal skills
- Experience with transfer protocols like SFTP, FTPS, API’s and e-commerce processes would be an advantage
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Fixed Transport & Communication Allowance
- Extensive medical insurance coverage
- Optical and Dental benefits