Frontend Engineer, Marketplaces
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
Do you like procurement? Don't answer yet! We have a full fridge of beer & soda, ping-pong room, nice folks, great jokes, a lot of fun in the office and we've been working with cutting edge technologies like React, event stream architecture, microservices, Docker and Kubernetes, AWS and fairly new MacBook Pro.
We are looking for an outstanding FrontEnd Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
What a day is like:
- Implementing, growing and maintaining apps and services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
- Collaborating with cross-functional and self-driven teams including FrontEnd Engineers, QA, Designer and Product Manager. You'll work closely with teams from our Buy divisions located in our various Tradeshift offices.
- You'll work within an agile framework, actively brainstorming and collaborating with your team to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience.
You’re perfect for this role if:
Do you want be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? You're perfect if you have talent, enthusiasm, and drive. If you have at least 4 years of experience and you are a great developer with a focus on craftsmanship, we would love to hear more from you! Don't be shy and send us your résumé.
You also have:
- Experience with React and Redux or Angular/Vue.js
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Have experience with HTML, CSS (LESS is a plus)
- Can design and develop user interfaces with emphasis on usability
- Have knowledge of ES6 and webpack
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!