VP of Engineering, Tradeshift Cash
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
- Leading team(s) building software to solve big problems and designing solutions with cutting edge technology
- Working with customers to gain insight into the world’s largest supply chains and working on projects to digitize and provide transparency and traceability across the supply chain.
- Acting as a thought leader in developing solutions, from prototyping and high-level system design to application development
- Evangelizing Tradeshift’s Platform both internally and with customers
- Strong understanding around money movement, B2B micro-lending, and mobile wallet technology.
- Involvement in early adoption creation of consumer grade mobile pay wallet technology. You have gone through some of these early adoption steps already, and are able to help with the strategic direction, roadmap, vision, design, architecture, etc.
- Understand the intricacies of the mobile wallet technology (i.e., security, financials, loans, appreciation over time, holding money in wallets, geographic and international compliance and regulations, etc.)
- Have a need to find the right solution but don't get bogged down looking for technical perfection
- Experienced enough to quickly estimate the level of work required for a system change or project
- A dislike of grammatical errors on a personal level
- Enjoy talking to customers to understand their needs, and you also enjoy writing code
- You can translate sales pitches to system implementations and vice versa
- You enjoy the challenge of solving an abstract problem and adopting or building the technology to do it
- Good communication skills: To be successful you’ll need to work together with many engineers across teams and offices
- Strong learner: You will need to pick up on how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies and business areas, from the front-end to the back-end
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas and operational platforms will require you to think out of the box and address unforeseen challenges as they come up
- Experience with cloud-based architectures as well as build and deployment models
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and database architecture
- Experience designing and developing web services and infrastructure
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts
- Integration experience
- There is no perfect candidate -- if you are interested, please apply. You might be surprised.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Tradeshifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.