Fullstack Engineer, Globalization
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will become a member of a small, highly skilled team that sets the direction and standards for the globalization of Tradeshift products.
You are the subject matter expert in technical globalization for our engineering teams throughout Tradeshift.
What you do in a day:
- Create reusable components (libraries, services) to be used by other teams to solve their globalization-related needs in an agile manner.
- Develop and maintain globalization-related infrastructure.
- Propose and implement improvements on other team's codebases
- Consult and educate other developers about globalization (best practices, etc.).
- Research, implement and maintain regional business logic required for compliance purposes.
- Continue growing your knowledge base through research and collaborative dialogue around global technologies
You’re perfect for this role if:
You also have:
- Deep Knowledge of Unicode: Code points, encoding schemes, normalization forms
- IETF BCP 47, ISO 639, 3166 and 8601
- Previous experience with the ICU library
- Previous experience in the compliance area
- Being comfortable with Linux/Unix and the command line
- Experience with Angular and React
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might love working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.