Senior Frontend Engineer, Tradeshift Go
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
Our focus is making financing accessible to businesses. We're a group of fast moving engineers and product specialists tasked with building the foundations of great financing apps, and prototyping simple user experiences. We influence business-to-business payments, introduce entirely new banking models, enable smoother global commerce by removing complexities involved in the cross border transactions, and deliver pivotal software infrastructure to enable these concepts.
You'll have the opportunity to build beautiful software that makes lending solutions more collaborative and useful for large number of buyers and sellers on our network. You'll be changing the way your customers experience Tradeshift.
What a day is like:
- Being a leader in taking product from concept to release, while enabling success of the product and the professional growth of your team
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Writing high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorming and white-boarding technical and product architecture options with your team
- Identifying and implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity
You’re perfect for this role if:
You have a few of these qualities listed below. Don't be discouraged if this isn't an exact description of you - we value diverse skillsets and encourage you to connect with us!
- 3+ years of experience in a developing environment with Node.js and Angular.js
- Prioritize and manage shifting priorities based on business needs
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Able to evaluate the long-term value and quality of new trends and technologies
- Communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Track record of building side projects or open source software in your own time is a plus
- Plus if you have experience with Selenium/Jenkins or Scala
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.