Systems Engineer, Developer Productivity Team
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our Developer Productivity team is the backbone for the CI/CD pipeline, we take pride in supporting our engineering organization! We are responsible for designing and maintaining the toolsets that enable the rest of our organization's delivery.
This role is a central part of how software is delivered and configured for optimal performance in every environment, going all the way from idea through the local developer environment to production. As a developer productivity engineer at Tradeshift Aarhus, you will increase the speed and efficiency of our engineering organization. You will manage a variety of projects related to tooling, build engineering, automation, continuous integration and deployment, and much more.
What a day is like:
You will be part of engineering our next-generation CI/CD systems. You will build the frameworks and core libraries that scale the development of services at Tradeshift. You will also be part of enhancing our development environment using Kubernetes, Docker and Helm to provide every developer with the environment they need to create and develop their services
You’re perfect for this role if:
You are passionate about building something meaningful, an eye for automation, reliability, debugging, and have a great understanding of distributed systems and container technology. You see "problems" as an opportunity for creativity and collaboration with your team.
You also have:
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- Opinions about testing and delivering working software
- Knowledge of configuration management systems/config-as-code (Terraform and Puppet)
- In depth experience with Go and Java
- Experience with Kubernetes
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, GCP)
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.