Finance Business Controller
- 36 Rue d'Enghien, 75010 Paris, France
Position: Full-time, starting as soon as possible
About Total Specific Solutions
Total Specific Solutions (TSS) is a leading European provider of IT business solutions and consists of independent business units that deliver products and services to their specific vertical market segments. We combine the knowledge and experience of the market, business, and software specialists. TSS is active in the verticals of healthcare, local and central government, financial and legal services, accountancy, agriculture, automotive, construction, education, hospitality, manufacturing, maritime, mobility, real estate, and retail.
Together, the TSS companies represent a unique combination of specialist knowledge of various vertical markets, business processes, and high-quality software. We are constantly focused on adding value to each of our verticals by finding, acquiring, and growing great companies.
TSS is part of Topicus.com Inc, a public company listed on the Canadian TSX Venture Exchange. Topicus.com Inc is part of the ecosystem of Constellation Software Inc (CSI), a global provider of vertical business solutions.
Our focus is on customer service, product innovation, quality, and technology. We believe in perpetual ownership, we never sell the companies we buy. As a result, we maintain long-term relationships with all our companies.
Through the TSS Academies, we provide all colleagues with the tools and knowledge to continuously improve and update their skills. Knowledge travels through people. We are convinced that our people make the difference!
How would it be to start as Finance Business Controller for a dynamic company within Europe? We provide a growing and international environment. In this role you are a true business partner within the organization; proactively helping Business Units (BU’s). The Business Controller is responsible for executing business control services towards partnering with the business to realize business objectives and growth. The Business Controller services several BU’s, and has active communication lines with internal stakeholders.
As Business Controller you will be part of the Corporate TSS Finance team and you will report to the Finance and Control Manager of your cluster. The ideal candidate is analytical, has good communication skills, knows the financial and business processes and takes accountability to deliver.
· In charge of monthly closing in relation with operational and accounting teams (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashforecast in IFRS)
· Perform (ad hoc) financial analyses to support decisions and advise management on these.
· Assist local finance departments in France with respect to Accounting.
· Discuss with the local directors in France the business outlook and update rolling forecast.
· Define, draw up and implement appropriate management information.
· Advising on transactional finance processes and improving working capital.
· Achieve incremental improvements and find themes to share new insights and best practices with stakeholders.
· Operating as a financial conscience of the organization and guide are in the TSS / CSI approach to business management.
· Assist the M&A team on the origination and execution of ongoing transactions in France.
· Self-starter who can work independently.
· Delivers an active contribution to a quick but careful financial integration of new company’s within TSS (acquisitions).
· Support the management in managing the financial / economic management and contributing to the realization of the objectives of the Business Units of TSS.
· Is able to adapt to evolving requirements regarding financial reporting.
· Master degree, preferably in business economics or business administration.
· Knowledge of accounting, business processes in business services, administrative and business processes.
· 3-5 years’ relevant work experience.
· Experience with working with American listed companies that report with deadlines is a plus, but not required.
· Fluent in French and English language (written & verbal).
· Willingness to travel within France.
· Willingness to travel occasionally within Europe.
· Experience with OneStream / Hyperion consolidation software is a plus, but not required.
· Knowledge of IFRS reporting standards is a plus, but not required.
What we offer
· A challenging and international environment in which you get the opportunity to actively cooperate and grow.
· Full-time position, starting as soon as possible.
· A large finance department of 50+ employees within Europe, with many growth opportunities.