Parcel Delivery Driver
Metroland Parcel Services is an Ontario based Final Mile Parcel Delivery company that is helping businesses meet their rapidly growing ecommerce delivery needs. Working at Metroland Parcel Services combines the benefits of a long-established company with deep client relationships and a reputation for delivery excellence with the excitement of a start-up in an opportunity rich sector. To connect with us, visit www.metrolandparcelservices.ca
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
Metroland Media’s Parcel division is looking for a full time Parcel Delivery Driver. The Parcel delivery driver will operate the company vehicle and provide efficient delivery and pickup of packages within the greater Toronto and surrounding areas. This role is based out of the North York distribution center and will require onsite duties as required at the parcel sortation centre when not doing driver duties.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip health and safety inspections, daily logs and reporting to ensure fleet standards are met and logged
- Fleet preventative maintenance
- Packing, loading and unloading items onto and from the vehicle
- Completing the necessary delivery within required timeframe
- Keeping the delivery vehicle clean and in good working condition
- Be able to operate and follow a GPS system.
- Hold strong knowledge of regional geographic area and the metropolitan Greater Toronto Area.
- On-site customer service: resolving client questions and concerns
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned up to and including parcel sorting at the parcel distribution centre as required.
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Valid G class driver’s license with a minimum of 2 - 3 years driving experience
- A safe driving record for at least 3 years (recent driver’s abstract or a commercial driver’s abstract dated within the last 30 days will be required)
- Clean driver abstract with no “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable provincial law)
- Criminal background check required
- Commercial vehicle experience an asset
- Secondary school diploma
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to work individually and in a team oriented environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Patience and reliability, with the capability to navigate through traffic and road conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while multi tasking in a fast paced environment
- Wear a protective mask and work with sanitizing products, in response to infectious disease pandemics if required
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Attractive Health and Dental benefit plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Reimbursement of Safety Shoes
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.