Overnight Warehouse Associate, Pocket Feeding
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of online products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We are continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Our Commitment to Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support, and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
Manually inserting flyer mail into the pockets of automated machines that are operating at a high speed. Reporting into the Warehouse Supervisor. The schedule is working up to 32 hours per week. Sunday to Wednesday from 7:00pm to 7:00am
Duties and Responsibilities
- Correctly insert newspapers or flyers into the pockets of an automated inserting machine
- Open bundles of raw flyers and papers, count into specific amounts to prepare them for insertion
- Identify and confirm the correct version of assigned flyers are inserted, and report any mechanical issues to the Operator
- Assist in sorting the rejected flyers for reinsertion and manually insert or remove flyers as needed
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Minimum of High School diploma an asset
- On the job training provided
- Detail oriented in a fast-paced team environment; with opportunities to build positive team relationships
- Ability to lift to 35lbs and stand for an extended period with ease
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills in a team environment
Employee Health Benefits
- Reimbursement of Safety Shoes
- Attractive Health Benefits Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- CAAT Pension Plan
- $15.50 per hour + Night shift premium per hour
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.