District Service Representative
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of online products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We are continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Our Commitment to Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support, and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
Metroland Media Group is looking for a full-time District Service Representative to join our team in the Niagara region. Reporting into our Circulation Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all distribution products in their assigned geographic area are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner. Ensure our delivery contractors are trained and provided with the necessary tools to complete their job. This position is a work from home with required travel to assigned client locations in the Niagara region; Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that all newspapers, inserts, and other distribution products are delivered in a timely manner. This includes working closely with the carrier-force and when necessary, could include door to door delivery
- Recruit new carriers to ensure that all routes are covered and terminate contracts where appropriate
- Maintain sufficient carrier waiting lists or establish new ones
- Address customers concerns in a professional and timely manner while ensuring the concerns are resolved and carriers are aware of the concerns
- Drop off supplies to carriers as required
- Maintain accurate and current data to provide to carrier payroll
- When required make appropriate arrangements to ensure down routes receive delivery
- Design carrier routes and develop mapping of new areas
- Minimum of High School diploma an asset
- Microsoft Excel is an asset, and on the job training is provided
- Superior customer service and the ability to develop positive team relationships
- Solid organizational and time management skills, detail oriented, and task prioritization
- Highly flexible and adaptable; able to react quickly and effectively to urgent and changing requests
- Strong computer abilities and Microsoft office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to function with minimal supervision
- Reliable vehicle and valid drivers license required
- Attractive Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Remote work
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.