Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We are looking for a full time Campaign Specialist. You are a dynamic, savvy media professional who can dive in and immediately add value by increasing client investment in our house of brands. Your professional demeanor and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills make you an expert in building relationships with external clients, as well as driving cross-functional cooperation with internal teams. You can prioritize multiple complex projects – whether they call for strategic vision, or deep statistical analysis. You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, and leverage a highly resourceful and accountable "can do" mindset to overcome day-to-day obstacles and challenges. The role will be mostly remote, however you may need to come to the office for meetings time to time.
What You Will Do
You will serve as the advertiser’s primary post-sale point-of-contact for all campaign-related inquiries - from start to finish of the campaign lifecycle - by owning tasks and leveraging support teams. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the primary post-sale point-of-contact for clients in a designated book of business.
- Oversee I/O processing, campaign setup and creative submission via partner teams.
- Monitor and influence campaign delivery, troubleshoot delivery issues, and regularly provide optimization and up-sell opportunities across platforms.
- Author and present strategic reports, campaign wrap-ups and/or Quarterly Business Reviews to client(s).
- Lead optimization recommendations for existing clients.
- Foster deep client relationships through a consultative, solutions-selling approach.
- Focus on client retention, growth, renewal, and client satisfaction.
- Advanced understanding of all Torstar’s advertising products, internal systems, and partner teams to accurately respond to client requests; including billing inquiries, campaign performance, delivery inquiries, pixel troubleshooting, etc.
- Share skills and knowledge with fellow team members, while building productive internal and external working relationships to drive business results.
- Maintain and grow proficiencies in the digital marketing space.
- 3+ years of sales/marketing experience; digital advertising experience strongly preferred
- A background working with in a client services role
- Excellent written communication, compelling presentation skills
- Computer fluency, including advanced knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), word processing (MS Word), Google suite, and CRM systems
- Exceptional time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive, analytical mindset with the desire to solve problems
- Capability to grow and prosper in an ever-changing, complex environment
- Ability to function equally well independently and as part of a team
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.