Agency Lead, Integrated and Programmatic Sales
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
At the Toronto Star, we represent a suite of Canadian-owned online and offline advertising products and over 80 trusted news brands.
More than that, we are where millions of Canadians, across the country, come to read and engage with the local and national stories and opinions that shape their lives. These rich and vibrant communities are hugely valuable to advertisers too.
Our unparalleled 1st party data means we know how to reach real people, with over a thousand audience segments around the country. That means you can connect with the audiences you want to, in environments they trust, in a way that will have the greatest impact to your marketing goals.
As an Agency Lead at the Toronto Star, you will achieve sales targets through solution-based client recommendations including direct or programmatic digital advertising along with our offline product suite by developing new accounts and growing an existing sales territory. You will have a broad sales skill set, a strong understanding of marketing and media strategy. Experience in programmatic ad sales is an asset along with history of providing recommendations that deliver on client objectives. You must excel at building strong relationships and establishing clear lines of communication with clients, partners, sales support teams, and internal stakeholders. As a highly motivated, collaborative self-starter, you have a proven ability to engage and influence decision makers by driving agency partner discussions forward.
What you will do:
- Prospect and cultivate new business opportunities as well as grow accounts through existing relationships, cold-calling, and networking at Toronto based agencies.
- Work strategically to manage client direct relationships and agency relationships within assigned territory to identify and secure new digital and programmatic opportunities
- Be a trusted and curious advisor with a passion for your client’s success.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline, forecasting and delivery on revenue targets
- Demonstrate a proactive and a disciplined approach to a deliver on monthly goals.
- Act as a digital ambassador across the Toronto Star. Fluent in the data and tech opportunities, trends with a keen interest in performance and attribution.
- Represent our company with pride in conferences, seminars and committees.
Who you are:
- A curious, lifelong learner
- Experienced in digital media sales with a deep understanding of large agency teams and structure.
- An effective communicator with ease articulating bespoke recommendations that deliver on a client’s objectives
- Educated in digital advertising, including programmatic, with the ability to convey that knowledge in a compelling and understandable manner
- A creative problem solver with the ability to communicate creative ideas and dynamic solutions with passion.
- Proactive and engaged in programmatic campaign management, experienced with DSPs and exchange-based media buying
- A collaborative team member, comfortable working with cross-functional teams to develop integrated sales solutions.
- Familiar with CRM platforms and other tools to record, track, plan and forecast sales activity.
- Passionate about data, targeting capabilities, attribution
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and the opportunities within Audio, Video, Social, Search, Mobile, Native, Content, Email as well innovation in Print.
- Knowledgeable in Ad Serving Systems and familiarity with Google Ads Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This role is represented by Unifor Local 87-M.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.