Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the dynamic world of digital and mobile media. Torstar is energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, and advanced data-driven competency.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
We have an exciting, opportunity for a Full Time Sales Coordinator in our Advertising department. Your focus is to grow and retain our audience. You drive sales and grow revenue of our newspaper and specialty publications by executing sales campaigns and designing projects to acquire new business relationships. This position is ideal for a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who loves working with the local community.
- Execute sales initiatives using innovative approaches to attract consumers, increase sales and drive brand awareness
- Execute contests and sales campaigns
- Assist with brand awareness and solicit sales through product promotion on social media platforms
- Interact with customers to build relationships through in-person meetings, over the phone conversations
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials for sales and marketing campaigns
- Design projects to acquire new business relationships with corporate and independent retailers
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and expressing ideas
- High energy, innovative and driven to succeed in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Excel and database applications
- Superior time management and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in Advertising or Marketing is an asset
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.